Monday 14 November 2011

Inspirational Mondays


If I tell you that Gottfried Achenwall is inspirational you may be none the wiser. He is one of those regarded as the inventor of statistics – indeed, he introduced the word, apparently.

Why should this be inspirational? I have to be dragged kicking and screaming into doing anything technical (I am probably one of few people without a mobile phone) so it took a lot for me to set up this blog and I am still working out which things do what on it.

Anyway, the other evening I discovered the ‘Statistics page’ – WOW! I am OCD enough to love anything to do with statistics particularly if they relate to me (I’m not interested in how much oil is being pumped out of the ground!). I can now see what time of day people are logging onto my emails for instance. There is a drop between 4-8pm English time interestingly – which fits in when people are going home from work.

Then there is the stat about where in the world people are logging in from – my blog has been accessed 13 times from people or a person in Russia, 3 times from Romania, 4 times from Germany, several from Australia, 1 from Finland, India, Mauritius and Philippines to pull out some more unusual ones other than the UK and US which I would expect. Now I know that we have some Siren writers in those countries, eg, Finland and Romania but I am not aware of any in Mauritius so I am guessing this is a genuine reader/person interested in my work.

This is fabulous as I had no idea if I am writing my blogs and no-one is reading them. The few comments to my postings have all been from fellow writers to whom I had directed my blog to. It is very gratifying to know that the general public are also looking at this blog and hopefully interested enough to want to buy my books.

Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment