Wednesday 24 October 2012

Wednesday writing - In the USA

By the time you read this I am half way through my trip to meet friends in the States including two fellow Siren writers, Angela Wray and Tatum Throne.

Angela was the first fellow Siren author I became friends with after joining them and we became very close when I helped mentor her on her second book, Collared: Ashton, which I am pleased to say came out in the Spring. It is so rewarding mentoring someone else and I regard her like a little sister now and therefore I am excited to visit her at her home in South Carolina. We are going to visit places like Charleston which, according to tourist info is a contemporary city with old-world charm, carriage rides and cobblestone streets.


As for Tatum, well she stalked me. Literally! (Her words!!) She started leaving comments on my blog, going in for competitions, emailed me, befriended me on facebook and even skypes me. However, I got my own back when I declared I was visiting the States and landing on her doorstep in Cincinnati! Actually, we get on extremely well and she is another friend I regard as a little sister, (particularly as she’s told me I can have full access to the mini-bar!)


Seriously, one of the things I am looking forward to is bouncing story ideas off of both of them. Angela and I both write BDSM, werewolf and ménage stories and Tatum and I both write contemporary MF stories – although Tatum’s latest (Stolen Moment) includes a very clever paranormal involving cursed objects, and she has also written her first MM (High Heat).

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment